Aileen Wuornos has a bit of a cult following in the serial killer world. She grew in notoriety after confessing to murdering seven men in the late 1980's "in self defense." Wuornos was working as a prostitute and claimed to have killed all seven men, only after they had tried to forcibly rape her.
A year after her death by lethal injection in 2002, Aileen Wuornos was played by Charlize Theron in the movie 'Monster' - a role that brandished her an academy award for best actress. The movie chronicled Wuornos's life and tumultuous relationship with her long time girlfriend Tyria Moore.
Whether you think of Aileen Wuornos as a cult hero, or a cold blooded murderer - there are no shortage of quotes and sayings by Aileen from interviews and court transcripts. Here are our top picks for the best Aileen Wuornos quotes we have come across.
Aileen Wuornos Quotes
1. "If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning." - Aileen Wuornos
2. "I'm innocent. I was raped! I hope you get raped! Scumbags of America!" - Aileen Wuornos rape quote
3. Aileen Wuornos' last words quote: "I would just like to say, I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day with Jesus."
4. "I robbed them, and I killed them as cold as ice, and I would do it again. And I know I would kill another person because I've hated humans for a long time." - Aileen Wuornos interview quote
5. "To me, this world is nothing but evil, and my own evil just happened to come out cause of the circumstances of what I was doing." - Aileen Carol Wuornos Quote
6. "I am a serial killer. I would kill again." Aileen Wuornos serial killer quote
7. "People always look down their noses at hookers. Never give you a chance because they think you took the easy way out, when no one would imagine the willpower it took to do what we do, walking the streets night after night, taking the hits and still getting back up." - Aileen Wuornos
8. "They say it's the number of people I killed. I say it's the principle." - Aileen Wuornos
9. "May your wife and children get raped, right in the ass." - Aileen Wuornos (to the jurors who convicted her).
10. "Thanks a lot, society, for railroading my ass." - Aileen Wuornos (in court) quote
11. "I wanted to clear all the lies and let the truth come out. I have hate crawling through my system." - Aileen Wuornos
12. "Dead men don't rape." - Aileen Wuornos
13. “To me, this world is nothing but evil, and my own evil just happened to come out cause of the circumstances of what I was doing.” - Aileen Wuornos
Are you obsessed with serial killers as much as we are? Check out our limited edition horror and true crime t-shirts - only available on our website!