Aileen Wuornos has a bit of a cult following in the serial killer world. She grew in notoriety after confessing to murdering seven men in the late 1980's "in self defense." Wuornos was working as a prostitute and claimed to have killed all seven men, only after they had tried to forcibly rape her.
A year after her death by lethal injection in 2002, Aileen Wuornos was played by Charlize Theron in the movie 'Monster' - a role that brandished her an academy award for best actress. The movie chronicled Wuornos's life and tumultuous relationship with her long time girlfriend Tyria Moore.
Whether you think of Aileen Wuornos as a cult hero, or a cold blooded murderer - there are no shortage of quotes and sayings by Aileen from interviews and court transcripts. Here are our top picks for the best Aileen Wuornos quotes we have come across.
Aileen Wuornos Quotes
1. "If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning." - Aileen Wuornos
2. "I'm innocent. I was raped! I hope you get raped! Scumbags of America!" - Aileen Wuornos rape quote
3. Aileen Wuornos' last words quote: "I would just like to say, I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day with Jesus."
4. "I robbed them, and I killed them as cold as ice, and I would do it again. And I know I would kill another person because I've hated humans for a long time." - Aileen Wuornos interview quote
5. "To me, this world is nothing but evil, and my own evil just happened to come out cause of the circumstances of what I was doing." - Aileen Carol Wuornos Quote
6. "I am a serial killer. I would kill again." Aileen Wuornos serial killer quote
7. "People always look down their noses at hookers. Never give you a chance because they think you took the easy way out, when no one would imagine the willpower it took to do what we do, walking the streets night after night, taking the hits and still getting back up." - Aileen Wuornos
8. "They say it's the number of people I killed. I say it's the principle." - Aileen Wuornos
9. "May your wife and children get raped, right in the ass." - Aileen Wuornos (to the jurors who convicted her).
10. "Thanks a lot, society, for railroading my ass." - Aileen Wuornos (in court) quote
11. "I wanted to clear all the lies and let the truth come out. I have hate crawling through my system." - Aileen Wuornos
12. "Dead men don't rape." - Aileen Wuornos
13. “To me, this world is nothing but evil, and my own evil just happened to come out cause of the circumstances of what I was doing.” - Aileen Wuornos
Are you obsessed with serial killers as much as we are? Check out our limited edition horror and true crime t-shirts, then read about the most famous female serial killers in history.
More true crime:
11 Chillingly Insightful Jeffrey Dahmer Quotes
Which US State Has The Most Serial Killers?
how time changes all things. its like 2 different people’s opinion from then to now. a year of research and deep diving into sources i have lost sympathy for her. in as much as her having the will power and where with all to go through with it again and again. And that she did not break down herself from a sickening guilty conscience. like when a person cant eat sleep think walk talk get dressed showered shop work or settle down. and feels like something gargantuan weighing on you’re soul. but she clearly did not have a conscience for other living things.
i love and admire aileen woronose but all the items with her on it are illustrations not actual photos . i find the items very unappleaing id buy it if her real face was on it cuz shes my girl she did the world a huge favor and gave her life for it. she was an abused child and for all her life she was abused in my view when she had enough is when she protected her inner child and finally took action to protect herself. i see why she did those murders so clearly. shse is part of the me too movement before it existed. she deserves sympathy mercy and forgivness. i need real photos of her cuz the ones offered her are really terrible illustrations done by someone who cant illustrate very well at all. years ago i bought a tank top here with her photo on it but the tank top was very poor quiality no seams were sewn around the top or inner sideds of the fabric it was just cut fabric cheap that wasnt sewn only cut so its flimsey and cheap i cant wear it anymore cuz the sleeves dont even hold up the shirt itself cuz theres no seams sewn on it its just a piece of cut fabric so its poor quality id be happy as hell to buy a quality shirt or mask of aileen but i cant find any here that are any good quality or a good image you cant really tell that any of these drawings are aileen at all they dont look like her so id be spending all day explaining what is is suppose to be . i want real photos of her and i want a quality garment that has seams and stiches in it cuz just cut fabric doesnt make a good shirt cuz it dosent hold itself up . and it doesnt take well to the washing machnie. please please please get a quality shirt maker and mask maker and some real photos capturing her inner demons like she showed so boldly in court. thats my girl aileen woronose public servant keeping women and children safer by sacrificing her freedom and her life. she deserves a little more respect as far as serial killers go shes not even dangerous she was protecting her inner child and also believed she was protecting other girls and women from these pigs who pick up a human being to use and abuse those men are all slobs who wanted to get their perverted jollies out on her. well not today ya pigs not on her watch. if they had a heart theyd just give her the couple bucks out of their heart instead of making her do such aaweful things for it. just should have gave her some help without making her humilated herself over and over . these men are filthy sneaky slobs every last one of them. they are dirty sneaky filthy sneaks and snakes she did the world a gargantuian favor. who knows how many other women she saved? the world is a better place for having had aileen woronose here with us for a time.