Movie taglines evolved along with posters and trailers as an advertising method to entice moviegoers into wanting to see a movie. Over time taglines, especially horror taglines, became almost as famous as the movies themselves. Writers pride themselves on creating memorable taglines. Test your memory of horror movie taglines – how many of these do you know? Also make sure to check out Racks And Razors for more horror film talk!
*Answers are at the bottom of the post.
1. Who will survive and what will be left of them?
2. It takes all kinds of critters to make farmer Vincent’s fritters.
3. Some houses are born bad.
4. Whoever wins…we lose.
5. His story will touch you, even though he can’t.
6. It never forgives. It never forgets.
7. To avoid fainting keep repeating: it’s only a movie, it’s only a movie.
8. Fear is a place.
9. Man is the warmest place to hide.
10. Sometimes dead is better.
11. If this one doesn’t scare you, you’re already dead!
12. This summer, go to hell.
1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre; 2. Motel Hell; 3. The Haunting; 4. Alien vs. Predator; 5. Edward Scissorhands; 6. The Grudge; 7. The Last House on the Left; 8. Session 9; 9. The Thing; 10. Pet Sematary; 11. Phantasm; 12. The Devil’s Rejects